POWERED INDUSTRIAL TRUCK PROGRAM
- AUTHORITY & REFERENCE
The purpose of this Powered Industrial Truck Program is to protect the health and safety of all employees assigned to operate powered industrial trucks and to comply with the requirements of 29 CFR 1910.178 (Powered Industrial Trucks).
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 29 CFR 1910.178 (Powered Industrial Trucks)
- ANSI/ISTDF B56.1 – 2009 (Safety Standard for Low Lift and High Lift Trucks)
- RESPONSIBILITY FOR COMPLIANCE
- The Office of Environmental Health, Occupational Safety, and Emergency Management (OEHS) will be responsible for the following:
- Provide assistance in the development of specific guidelines pertaining to the operation and maintenance of powered industrial trucks.
- Implementing a training program based on the general principles of safe truck operation, the type of vehicle(s) being used in the workplace, the hazards of the workplace created by the use of the vehicle(s)
- Coordinating the training and performance testing of Powered industrial truck operators.
- Maintaining the training certification records and performance tests of employees included in the training sessions.
- Periodically reviewing the effectiveness of the program.