List of Longwood Area Coordinators and Backup Area Coordinators
Facilities Management is dedicated to making the Longwood University campus and its facilities as aesthetically pleasing, accommodating, and functional as possible. Headed by Executive Director for Facilities, Angela Stimpson; Facilities Operations, led by Director Ben Myers, which includes the Key Shop, Steam Plant, Plumbing Shop, Painting and Carpentry shops, Electrical Shop, Preventative Maintenance, Energy Management, and HVAC areas--as well as an REF crew that is multi-trades oriented and takes care of the apartment communities; Business Operations, which reports directly to Angela Stimpson, and includes Financial Management, Contract Management, the Workorder Center, and Fleet Services; and Environmental Health and Safety, led by Director Mike Lonon. All work hard to keep everything working as it ought.
Our workorder management system is called AiM. It is an online tool to both receive and efficiently disseminate workorders to our staff so that your needs, big and small, can be handled as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Place a workorder
(login with your Longwood network ID and password)
Note: Fields with a magnifying glass need to match specific entries. Please click it to validate your hand-entered entry or to choose from the list.
- The PDF, accessible via the following link, should answer most of your questions: Placing a Workorder: Instructions (PDF). Did the PDF not help? Please feel free to email your questions, comments, or concerns to Tracy Seagle:
The Mission of Facilities Management is to support the mission of the University by:
- Providing safe physical surrounds to attract, retain, and graduate students as well as to support teaching and learning by planning, building, and maintaining University facilities;
- Acting as responsible stewards of the Commonwealth’s resources;
- Providing leadership in the efficient use of energy and the protection of the environment;
- Promoting and advancing sustainability;
- Providing value to customers;
- Improving our external community.
- Integrity: We strive to adhere to all of our core values throughout all of our conduct as representatives of the University.
- Honesty: We strive to be trustworthy in our dealings and adhere to the truth.
- Respect: We strive to ensure that our demeanor and actions show a high regard for the safety, well being, feelings, diverse values, and cultural backgrounds of those with whom we interact locally and globally.
- Courage: We strive to persevere in the face of challenges and to stay true to our core values in the face of opposition.
- Commitment: We strive to completely and zealously fulfill our responsibilities to ourselves, family, professional position, colleagues, local community, nation, and global community.
- Loyalty: We strive to be constant and unswerving in our allegiance to our team, division, and the University.
- Professionalism: We strive to complete our tasks competently, ethically, and to the best of our abilities.
- Sense of Service: We strive to approach our duties in a manner that contributes to the welfare of all.
Facilities Management will be recognized as a model for:
- Learning organizations;
- Provision of high quality services;
- Provision of effective solutions;
- Efficient use of resources.
Our team will be comprised of individuals who:
- Are proactive;
- Plan for the future;
- Solve problems through understanding and meaningful dialogue;
- Adapt to an ever-changing environment.