The Payroll Office is responsible for leave reporting for all classified employees of the University. Leave is to be reported at the end of each pay period.
- Classified Leave Reporting is now being done through the Employee Direct TAL system.
- Administrative & Professional (AP) employee leave reporting is reported to the Human Resources Office.
This information about job types will help you fill out your time report:
- Non-exempt/Exempt—Classified employees --To determine if you are exempt or non-exempt, go into TAL through Employee Direct and click on your position title, then click on TAL Settings
- Exempt Employees-- Leave Requests must be submitted for all leave taken. No timesheets required.
- Non-Exempt Employees—Leave Requests must be submitted for all leave taken. Timesheets must be submitted weekly. Longwood’s work week is 12:01 a.m. Saturday morning through 12:00 p.m. midnight the following Friday.
- Overtime/Comp. Pay—Overtime and comp. pay will continue to be processed for payment on the Overtime/Straight Time Request for Payment form.
Separation of a Supervisor—Please let HR know who will be the temporary supervisor until the position is filled.
Virginia Sickness & Disability Program (VSDP) Leave Reporting
Classified employees hired on or after January 1, 1999, are automatically enrolled in the Virginia Sickness and Disability Program (VSDP). Those hired on or after July 1, 2009, have different requirements for short-term disability benefits.