The purpose of this policy is to provide guidelines for the use of the academic computing labs by employees and students of the university, as well as other authorized users and groups.
- Hours: Academic Computing Labs are open to all Longwood authorized users during posted hours.
- ID Requirement: Users are required to present a valid Longwood ID for entry into academic computing labs. A valid Longwood ID or print card is required for printing (see Common Area Printing policy)
- Prohibitions: Food and drink are prohibited in all academic computing labs.
- Faculty Right to Ask Students to Leave: Longwood faculty have the right to ask students to leave when a class is in session.
- Unauthorized Entry or Access: Unauthorized entry or access into academic computing labs during or after posted hours is a security violation and will be reported to the appropriate authority for action.
The university regards any violation of this policy as a serious offense. Violators of this policy are subject to disciplinary action, in addition to possible cancellation of IT resources and systems access privileges. Users of IT resources and systems at Longwood are subject to all applicable local, state and federal statutes. This policy does not preclude prosecution of criminal and civil cases under relevant local, state, federal and international laws and regulations.
Approved by the Board of Visitors, September 7, 2002