Monday, November 18, 20196:00PM - Monday, November 18, 20199:00PM
At CSTAC (Communication Studies & Theatre Arts Center) Fitzhugh Samuel Lab Theatre
Below is all the necessary info for Auditions and Technical Position Sign-ups. Be sure to read carefully, as there are lots of important details below.
1. Auditions are Monday, November 18th beginning at 6:00 pm in the Lab Theatre. Sign-up for a 5 minute slot. Please sign-up on the next available time slot - do not sign up for later times (i.e. if the last person signed up at 6:35, sign up for 6:40. Do not sign up for 9 pm)
2. Prepare ONE of the provided cuts of music from the show. Take ONE copy. If you are auditioning to be a member of the ensemble, choose whichever song shows off your voice and personality the most.
3. Prepare the song as you would a monologue: Memorize the cut, craft your performance, come ready to make choices! Wear clothing you can move in.
4. You may be asked to stay and do cold-reads from the show on Monday so be prepared to stick around. Bring homework with you to pass the time.
5. Arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled slot.
6. Callbacks are Tuesday, November 19th beginning at 6:00 pm in the Lab Theatre. We will begin with a movement call, so dress accordingly.
7. If you are called back, you will most likely be asked to sing again. You will most likely be asked to read again.
8. Just because you are not called back doesn't mean you aren't cast!
9. There will be a read-through on Monday November 25th at 6:00 pm in the rehearsal studio. There will be music rehearsals on December 2, 3, and 4 beginning at 6:00 pm in the rehearsal studio. Rehearsals in the spring semester will be Monday-Thursday from 6:00-9:30 pm and Saturdays from 12:00-5:00 pm (locations TBD).
10. If you are interested in a technical position for the show and/ or are in THEA104 for the Spring 2020 semester (Assistant Stage Manager, Box Office Crew, Run Crew, Spot Operator, Electrics Crew, Carpentry Crew, Paint Crew, Wardrobe Crew, Costume Crew, etc.) bring your resume (if you have one) and fill out the tech sign-up form.