Camp JumpStart is an intensive emergent literacy program for children ages 3.5-5 years old, Monday-Thursday, July 8-18, from 9 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Camp JumpStart's goal is to promote learning related to alphabetic knowledge, phonological and phonemic awareness, concepts about print, developmental writing, and oral comprehension.
- $40 nonrefundable deposit is required June 3rd along with the Camp JumpStart Registration Form(pdf) to reserve a space
- The deposit is applied to the total cost and payment. Full payment is required by June 21
- Refunds are not given after June 30
- Families of LU employees receive a 10% discount
- Limited stipends are available
Camp JumpStart is conducted by Communication Sciences and Disorders graduate students and supervised by a speech-language pathologist.
Longwood University is firmly committed to non-discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, handicap, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, sex, or
Longwood Speech, Hearing, & Learning Services
315 W. Third St.
Farmville, VA 23901