Accessibility Resources, which is part of the Student Affairs division, currently provides supports for students with disabilities. The Accessibility Resources office provides accommodations and supports mandated by federal law (the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990) and serves as a resource to the University in providing a non-discriminatory environment. Programmatic activities include:
(1) one-on-one meetings with students to help them learn how to be better self-advocates, to include psychosocial education;
(2) gathering and maintaining confidential student files;
(3) approving and facilitating disability based accommodations with students and all departments, units, and programs across campus;
(4) providing mandated accommodations such as test and exam proctoring in a quiet, distraction reduced environment, and assistance with alternate format materials
(5) provision of equipment and a computer lab for assistive technology instruction and use.
The Accessibility Resources Office (ARO), works with a diverse population of students with documented disabilities to ensure equal educational access. We seek to collaborate with all components of the University community to increase awareness, remove barriers, and promote an inclusive environment where students are empowered to be successful learners, self-advocates, and citizen leaders.
We strive to create a universally inclusive campus through innovative and individualized practices that foster independent and confident students, informed and engaged faculty, and create a collaborative and welcoming campus community for all.
September 09, 2021
The Workforce Recruitment Program for College Students with Disabilities (WRP) is a recruitment and referral program that connects federal sector employers nationwide with highly motivated college students and recent graduates with disabilities....
April 01, 2021
Take a virtual tour of the campus, learn about disabilities and ableism, challenge yourself to become a citizen leader who encourages accessibility and the social model of disabilities.
January 12, 2021
Students and Faculty
July 01, 2020
ODR Empowers is now going to be virtual! ODR Empowers is a program that helps students planning to register with our office transition to college life.
September 09, 2019
Take a break from Snapchat to come Snackchat!